Our Adoption Hope

As I discussed in our previous post on how plans don't pan out, we are looking to adopt! Our hopes for another child in our family were dashed as we realized that my body was not the safe growing place that we would have hoped. And so, we are turning to adoption with great anticipation, nerves and excitement! My husband, Talon, is a 4th year medical student (and, what I call, a forever student). He has one more year until residency and an income. I teach piano and have applied to work as a teacher and sub if jobs open up, but for now, I am home with my two precious kiddos! 

This makes working with an adoption agency a bit of a challenge, so we decided that for now, while we save our pennies, we will get word out through our blog and Facebook! We will post updates on our lives here and hope that if you, any of our friends, hear of anyone looking to place a child, you will send them our way to check out our blog and learn a little bit more about us. 

Here are some small updates:

Talon- like I said, he is FINALLY starting his last year of medical school and we are excited to finally be done being "students", even though he still has years of training ahead. He is looking to do a residency in OB/GYN (baby doctor) and will apply to those programs this fall. He is such a wonderful father and husband and even in his busy schedule finds time to be with us. He just celebrated his 30th birthday and I threw him a smashing (if I might say so) surprise bday party!

Nicole- I am just enjoying working on being a better mom and better me. I have been working out and trying to lose the baby weight/stress weight/I was lazy weight. I enjoyed running in a color run 5k with some friends back in April. It was so cold, but so fun! I was also recently called to be our Primary President, so between my family and that I stay quite busy! I still love to read as much as I can and have found a new love for audible! I can read and listen and get through books so much faster! 

Adalyn- is 5! She is enjoying preschool here in Ohio and will stay in preschool for one more year instead of jumping into kindergarten. She loves the preschool here and the opportunities for her emotional and social development are wonderful. She is learning how to sit unassisted and to hit a switch to communicate. It is such a blessing to watch her learn and grow! 

William- is 3! He is so full of energy and zest for life! He is a threenager and when he gets tired his DRAMA side comes out. However, he is obsessed with all things vehicle- cars, planes, trains and he LOVES cowboys. He requests to watch John Wayne movies with Talon any time Tal is home. He is smart and vivacious and we sure love having him here in our home. We are hoping he will get into Adalyn's preschool for this upcoming year so they can be there together. 

We are loving living in Ohio and making small remodels here and there to our home. We are so grateful for the new friends we have made and love the many other friends and family we have dotting across the country and even the world. We count ourselves lucky that along our journey we have been able to brush shoulders with so many amazing people! Wish us luck! 

Comments

Mindy Sagers said…
What incredible examples of faith, hope, and love you guys are. We have always looked up to and admired your wonderful family. You are both such incredible parents and Adalyn and William are both so lucky to have you as parents. Any child would be lucky to join your sweet family. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Rach said…
I am so happy you have updated a couple of times recently. I love seeing pictures of your cute family. Your kids are getting so big! I wish you so much luck in your adoption search. You are amazing, and I know there is a child out there waiting for a wonderful family to join!
Bridget said…
Oh we love your sweet family!! What a lucky brother/sister who would get to be added to your fantastic family! We'll keep our ears open and prayers coming!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day