Where has the time gone...

My world

Oh dear... It seems that all my efforts at being a great blogger have dissipated and you have been left with NADA. It seems I need some tragic/dramatic life event to be consistent. I hope that isn't an invitation- so I shall strive to be better without such events :D.

We are just settled in to our new normal. Talon started medical school back on the 15th of July and we've been steadily trudging along since. :D
Looking SOOO excited for all that work ahead :D

He is enjoying school- but it's true. It's like drinking from a fire hose and there are MANY days that we are lucky to have him home for dinner and bed time. That is one thing I am forever grateful for-- Talon will ALWAYS make time for his family. He did well on his first exams and so we're glad our system is working. :D

We were able to attend the temple and it was wonderful to be there again. I often feel a little spoiled that our temple/stake is Nauvoo. There is such an amazing spirit there and I regret to admit, I sometimes take it for granted now that I get to go to that sacred place so often. We are there at least once a month for our temple trips, so really, it is a BLESSING.

The temple has this awesome "arrival center" where you can take kids and babysit while others attend the temple. It has been a HUGE blessing to us the two years we have been here.

We have also already been blessed with new friends. They can't replace the ones who have left, but they are chiseling out their own spots in our hearts. (well, at least my heart and Talon's study room).

Adalyn has been doing well. She has had a lot of appointments lately since she got her second Cochlear Implant in June and she wasn't gaining weight. We've got her "regular", if you will and she has started to gain weight again, but we are seriously considering a "G"-tube (a tube that inserts directly into the stomach through an opening in the abdomen). It would help her to continue to grow and help ease some of the stress we have of feeding her constantly.
LOVE that face


She often gets to eat things like chocolate pudding (caloric) and this one just killed me- she looks like a dirty homeless child.

getting ready for botox shots (she gets them about every 3 months to help relax her muscles)

Playing while in her stander a.k.a. the torture device. 

William, on the other hand... is chunking up with little effort on my part. I mean, I nurse him, but he pretty much does the rest. He is about 14 lbs. now (I know, there are many 4 1/2 month olds that size... but remember he was 3 lbs. 2 oz. to begin). He is overall a super happy baby and he LOVES his mama. Its crazy to watch him learn things and make sounds and be so social. I can't believe how smart babies are! It's been a different experience to say the least.
TUMMY TIME

I LOVE this face... hehehe

He can sit with some support!

The tongue. That's all. 

my smiley boy


I love being a mom, but I know I am inadequate on my own. I feel my inadequacies constantly as I know there is much more I can do to help my children learn and grow. I'm striving to turn to the Lord in those times, rather than to guilt. I know He will help me to help THEM. I love them. Its crazy how quickly they reach out and grab your heart. What blessings. Challenges, yes, but blessings most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day