William/family update!!!!



Well folks--- it's been a few days since I've updated. It was the same old, same old for a bit there... But now... Things are starting to get exciting! His bed temp is almost all the way down- and then it is just a matter of doing the last few things (discharge stuff, circumcision, etc.) before we get to take him home. So, as long as nothing wacky happens, we are looking at going home this week!


We have felt so blessed. Yes, it has been hard to have our baby in the NICU, but there have been countless miracles surrounding his birth and life thus far. The fact that he didn't need any oxygen is a miracle! Many older babies do. He is doing so well! He is now 5 lbs. 12 oz. (huge change from the 3 lb. 2 oz. baby I held just over a month ago)! We're getting close to 6 lbs!

In other news, Adalyn had a weight check and DID NOT gain weight... Problem. So, we're looking at peanut butter treats ALL the time and really making that a huge focus. She also got Botox shots this morning (for kids with CP (cerebral palsy) it helps loosen the tight muscles so you can work on strengthening them and getting the stretching done that is needed) and had a bit of a rough day coming off the sedation mess.

Talon and I are just doing the parent/hospital thing. We feel so much love from everyone! Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. We have felt them!



PS- We had a tornado warning the other day while we were visiting William at the hospital- We were able to bring Adalyn into the NICU (she can't come very often because she is under 13) and we all stayed together while it passed. 


Talon & Adalyn during the warning

William slept through the tornado warning


Comments

Unknown said…
nicole, I am so happy for you and talon! what a cute little boy. Love you!!
lchaston said…
You guys are champs! It will feel so wonderful to get home. We're so happy for you!
Heather said…
I am so happy for you guys! You guys are awesome! I can't wait for you all to be home together!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day