He's Here!

We are sooo happy to announce the birth of our son- William!!!! He was born around 2:15pm this afternoon. Weighing in at 3 lbs. 4 oz. and 16 inches long.



So, here's the story. He was maintaing his heart rate really well, so I was able to have a regular c-section. I was a bit apprehensive about having a spinal, but when it came down to it, I didn't even realize they had done the spinal- I thought they were still just doing the numbing shots. :D Talon was able to be there and I was awake- all new to us and super exciting!

The best part is- we were prepared for him needing some extra help getting started breathing and going onto a ventilator and such, but when he came out he was kicking, wide eyed-- and crying!!! Our little guy has been on room air since he was born and Talon was able to hold him almost immediately, which they did not expect to have happen. He has an IV to get his fluids and is in a warming bed, but that is it! Which is a miracle. Talon got to go down to the NICU with them as they took him down and then, after they got me all stitched up and happy with meds- I was wheeled down to see him.

I was excited to be able to see him, but what made it even better was--- They took him right out and I did skin to skin with him and even a bit of nursing!!! He was rooting and the doctor was there and said- let him try! They don't do feeding on these little kiddos until 34 weeks gestational age, so that was REALLY lucky! It was simply amazing! What a blessing to hold my baby boy close and just look at him and admire him while he got to know us a bit. He looks like his sister- and he is CUTE. lots of curly hair too.

So, things are going great- really best case scenario! We'll be here in Columbia for at least 2-3 more weeks while he grows and such, but we are super encouraged with how well he is already doing! Thank you for your prayers- WE HAVE FELT THEM!!!!

Now- more pictures:  :D

Getting cleaned up

The hat goes on

Mommy and William

First mostly family photo-- we actually will get to take Adalyn in and get one with all 4 of us!!!

Again, THANK YOU all for your prayers!!! Keep them coming so he can grow big and come home soon! We are loving our boy already!

Comments

Amanda said…
This is fantastic! We are SO happy for you! What a little trooper!
The Nasmans said…
Oh my goodness he is precious! What a blessing! I am so glad that you have had best case scenario! He really is doing miraculous for how early he is! We'll keep sending our prayers your way! Congratulations!
Alicia Otteson said…
Awesome! So happy for you guys and glad that it all went so well!
Hannah Joy said…
William is an awesome name! So sweet. Congrats!
Unknown said…
Congratulations! I am elated that he is already doing so well. Our continued prayers will be with you and your family!
Andi said…
Yes!!! Beautiful!
I have been thinking of you guys all day! I'm so glad everything went perfectly! And he is just adorable :) So so tiny!
Morgan said…
What an amazing tender mercy filled day! He is perfect! I kept making jer look at little William's pics because I was soooo amazed at his perfection! Room air! Bright eyes! Amazing! I adore him! Congratulations and well done! You all look great!
The music went well tonight and we missed you very much!
Xoxoxo xox
Morgan
Monica Lifferth said…
He is beautiful! I'm so glad he is doing well. I'll send a little prayer your way. My heart truly goes out to your fam. Congrats on your new little one!
Kami said…
I love you guys! I feel so happy that everything went well and that William is doing great! I miss you :)
Cali said…
So happy for you! What a beautiful baby, and a real miracle! Love you guys!
Emma said…
We are so happy that he is doing so well. We will keep praying and hoping for the best. Best wishes with your recovery.

Allie Hite said…
He is Beautiful! Congratulations. Love you guys!
Unknown said…
As a first time comment-er on your blog I should probably explain myself! I knew Talon in college. Freshman year to be exact. Didn't see him much after his mission, which is too bad. What a great guy you have! I have "checked up" on your blog every now and then. You seem like such a sweet person with a beautiful family. Congratulations on your newest addition. He is beautiful, and such a little fighter for being so little! I pray your family will be healthy, and that you recover well!
Crystal said…
What a little stud! Steroids do miracles! You've been on my mind a lot today. He's such a cutie! Glad things are going well. Hugs....
Molly said…
He is a handsome little guy!! So cuuute. We're so happy everything is alright and that it turned out so well. We can't wait to meet him and to have you guys back!
Camaree said…
So glad things worked out so well! He looks and sounds so healthy. So amazing. Congratulation!!!
Jenni said…
He is adorable!! We are so excited for you and grateful that things went so wonderfully.
Stephanie said…
Nicole...YAY! Somehow I didn't realize that when you said "I got Millena" you meant you were ditching to have a BABY! Ha... So glad things are going so good! Congrats to you and your whole family. I'm so so happy for you all. William's a stud!
Heather said…
Congratulations!!! I am so happy that things are going so well for him and you guys!!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day