He's getting real food...

Through his nose. :D They call it a nasal gavauge and it is pretty regular stuff for NICU kiddos- Adalyn had one until the day or two before she went home- but William won't probably have his for long. It's REALLY exciting though, because he is getting real food and not just IV nutrients now! His little tummy is handling it too, so that means he MAY be able to start oral feedings earlier than normal, which we would LOVE.

He also is getting a bit of my milk (who are we kidding it is the thick colostrum right now) by mouth each care time- about 2 mls. He is loving that- and so am I. He is doing so great! Don't mind the pics with the IV coming out of his head- those are the best veins at this age. Adalyn had one for a while too.
Don't worry- not concerned here- just looking like it, I guess. :D  Kangaroo care! 

Our little guy LOVES to have his hands by his face! 

As for me, I'm healing up really well! I think I'm days ahead of where I was last time. I can get myself in and out of bed, walk to the NICU and I'm just generally in good health right now. So, that is wonderful! Thanks again for all your prayers! We feel them and William is using them!

Comments

Mindy Sagers said…
I can't wait to meet the little munchkin. So happy for you guys. What a beautiful little boy!
Jenni said…
He is amazing. Brings tears of joy to my eyes.
Alyse said…
So happy everything is going so well! He seems like a strong guy for being early!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day