So... I have missed A LOT of important things. I am attempting to be a better blogger/history keeping fiend.
Many of you know my wonderful family & siblings. Last fall, Talon and I were chatting with my youngest sister, Melanie, about school and how everything was going, and she just felt frustrated. She had just turned 20 and felt like she needed to prepare for a mission and the temple, but she wouldn't be able to even turn her papers in for 6-9 months still. 21 seemed far away and she didn't feel she was where she needed to be. My youngest brother, Dustin, was just starting college and looking forward to getting a year in before his 19th birthday in June.
 |
| Melanie |
 |
| Dustin |
Fast Forward a couple of weeks to October General Conference. President Monson made an amazing announcement lowering the missionary serving ages to 18 for Young Men and 19 for Young Women. BOTH of my siblings immediately knew it was their time to serve and started working on their papers. Both learned valuable lessons in patience and the Lord's timing as well as they worked on their papers and waited for their subsequent calls.
Melanie's arrived in November-- She is to report to the Provo MTC on March 27th and will serve for 18 months in the Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission! We were thrilled but antsy to see where Dustin would go. Then, a little after Christmas (Tal and I were lucky enough to still be in Utah) his call came too! He reports to the Colombia MTC on May 8th and will serve for 2 years in the Colombia, Bogata North Mission!
 |
| The two "missionaries" as we now call them with my awesome folks in AZ for spring break- last hurrah before the missions! |
I am so excited for them! It will be a life changing time and a wonderful chapter in each of their individual journeys. I can't believe the timing too- the Lord knows. As much as Dust didn't want to finish another semester- it worked out perfectly that he could- and that my mom could come to help with our babe #2 RIGHT after he leaves. Maybe it will help her cope ;D. We're so excited to add a couple more missionaries to our nightly prayers. Forward with Faith!
Comments