5 years
So much has been going on (and will...) that I just can't seem to keep up!
No sooner had I started a day by day countdown text to my mom and sister then the first event on the countdown was here!
Yesterday, March 12th- Talon and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! It was a fun day, but they have been even greater years. If there is ONE thing I have learned over the past 5 years, it is that things don't have to be easy or fun to be worth everything. Now, don't get the wrong idea. Talon and I have been EXTREMELY blessed to have had what I would call an easy transition/marriage. We were blessed to have similar communication styles and to meld together quite easily. But that doesn't mean we haven't had trials through the past 5 years. In fact, I think Heavenly Father knew we'd need to be a cohesive whole pretty quick to face the things that would come to our new little family and also to our extended families.
I won't go into all the details of our lives and trials- we all have them, we all struggle, and we can all turn, in our turn, to Christ through those times. And that, is another post entirely- But I know that these trials have brought us closer together as a couple, family and especially brought us individually and as a couple, closer to the Lord. I am so grateful for the choice I made 5 years ago to marry this man:
He has been such a strength to me as we move through this life. Next to my Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ, Talon is my rock and my closest, dearest friend. I cherish that. (don't worry mom & dad- you're still super important too).
So--- here's to the past 5 years!
No sooner had I started a day by day countdown text to my mom and sister then the first event on the countdown was here!
Yesterday, March 12th- Talon and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! It was a fun day, but they have been even greater years. If there is ONE thing I have learned over the past 5 years, it is that things don't have to be easy or fun to be worth everything. Now, don't get the wrong idea. Talon and I have been EXTREMELY blessed to have had what I would call an easy transition/marriage. We were blessed to have similar communication styles and to meld together quite easily. But that doesn't mean we haven't had trials through the past 5 years. In fact, I think Heavenly Father knew we'd need to be a cohesive whole pretty quick to face the things that would come to our new little family and also to our extended families.
I won't go into all the details of our lives and trials- we all have them, we all struggle, and we can all turn, in our turn, to Christ through those times. And that, is another post entirely- But I know that these trials have brought us closer together as a couple, family and especially brought us individually and as a couple, closer to the Lord. I am so grateful for the choice I made 5 years ago to marry this man:
He has been such a strength to me as we move through this life. Next to my Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ, Talon is my rock and my closest, dearest friend. I cherish that. (don't worry mom & dad- you're still super important too).
So--- here's to the past 5 years!
THE MARRIAGE DAY
![]() |
| March 12, 2008 Look how little we look |
1st year
| We went to Zions/St. George for our 1st Anniversary |
| Began a tradition of eating sea food on our honeymoon- so Red Lobster became the place to be! |
2nd year
| Yr. 2- Red Lobster! |
| Our 2nd Anniversary- Talon spoiled me and we stayed in Midway, UT- BEAUTIFUL!! |
3rd year
| 3rd year (very pregnant- excuse the puffy face)- Red Lobster! |
| Just days later-- our sweet Adalyn was born and transferred to the NICU at McKay-Dee |
4th year
![]() |
| Year 4- Adalyn got to join us for dinner at Red Lobster! |
![]() |
| We were lucky to meet up with Tal's folks in Kansas City- so we got to stay at a hotel!!! |
and... 5th year!!!
![]() |
| Year 5!!!! Red Lobster- this year Adalyn enjoyed the biscuits, mashed potatoes and even tried some crab! |
![]() |
| Then we came home, cuddled our girl, and watched a movie- Happy 5th Anniversary!!!! |
Love you babe!






Comments