Simplify

I have been thinking A LOT about Simplifying in our lives and what that really means. Especially in MY life and as I get ready to have another baby, when my almost 2 year old is really still like a baby in so many ways--I think, how can I make it work?

One of my new favorite quotes was given to me by a dear friend who has made TIME for motherhood. The quote is by Sister Marjorie Pay Hinckley:


I love reading this quote OFTEN (I keep it in my kitchen so I have to see it at least once a day). I love the focus on SIMPLIFYING and looking at what is most important for each of us- because it won't be the same for each person- nor should it. 
And I love, love, love that she then says that we should move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. How many times do we compare ourselves to what other women/mothers around us are doing! Which leads to the next phrase- we have to develop the maturity to trying trying to prove something- and then learn to be CONTENT with what we are. Ahhh... thank you Sister Hinckley!!! 

I almost feel as if she is saying, "Nicole, stop trying to do everything. Stop trying to serve everyone. Focus on what is MOST important for you and BE HAPPY with what you can accomplish each day. Even if it is just that you showered and read stories to your daughter today."

And you know what... I am starting to really believe it. I am starting to realize that all the extra stuff, while nice and yes, sometimes very important, isn't always what is best for ME to be doing. 

I love being involved-- but I have recently decided to lessen my involvement in some things so that I can just be at home and play with my little girl. So I can focus on the therapies and appointments she has without feeling overwhelmed if there is a slightly busier week in those aspects. So I can cherish being her mom and being able to associate with such a sweet, special little girl. And I feel like I'm happier- more satisfied- and less stressed when I can simply change my mindset-- and SIMPLIFY my day. 

What have you done to simplify lately?

Comments

Carly said…
Whoa. Needed this. And stealing it. I totally compare myself to women who get so much done everyday. I'm always like "how the heck? I can't even unload the dishwasher some days!" In the last few weeks I've started finding my comfortable pace and it usually isn't fast and productive. And this post helped me know that was okay. So thank you =)
Britt said…
Oh man, I found this quote for the first time just two days ago and it totally became my favorite as well. Definitely needed! Good luck with all your new adventures to come and thanks for your inspiration! :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day