Her "big girl" bed

hehehe- I guess I'll blog.

So, Adalyn has been sleeping in her crib set as a daybed (we took the front off) and she has loved it. We also recently got her a pillow to see how that would go, and it appears that is a go too. Only problem was that the little daybed was not conducive to cuddling with a little girl who is sick and so forth. Annnd.. eventually in May we'll need the crib for other purposes (i.e. her little brother). So, Talon got out his handy man skills and made a little something.


The headboard

The bed- no box springs needed with this guy!

All put together

Talon decided to use bolts to hook the bed & headboard together so that it will be easier to move and such. I like the stain color- you?

All ready for sleeping beauty


She LOVED it! 
Only problem was, we got a little excited and brought the bed in before it stopped stinking- so, we left the mattress in her room and took the bed back to the garage to de-stink for a few days. But still- I'm feeling pretty lucky that I have such a handy man. Beats buying all the parts and looks better too!

Comments

Mindy Sagers said…
Wow!!! Way to go Talon. Such a cool skill to have.
Molly said…
Wow that is super cool that he can do that. And it looks awesome. That picture of Adalyn in the bed is so cute. I giggled because of her cuteness and she looks so mature. :)
lchaston said…
I love Addie's new bed! It's perfect -- low to the ground, sturdy, beautiful . . . absolutely perfect! Great job! Love you guys.
Susan said…
Love it! Way to go, Talon! Glad the transition was easy. (:
Talon is handy, and Adalyn is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day