Catch Up

So... I've been TERRIBLE at posting lately. Between visiting family for the holidays and finding out we're having a boy, I just realized I haven't posted anything of a journaling nature. :( Guess I'll get on that one.

           First off, my little brother and sister both put their papers in early because of the recent age changes! My sister, Melanie, received her call to Argentina, Buenos Aires West- leaving on March 27th to the Provo MTC. My brother, Dustin, received his call to Colombia, Bogata- leaving on May 8th to the Colombia MTC! Both will be speaking Spanish. I'm soooo excited for them! I cried lots of tears for them (good kind of tears). While we were all home for Christmas, we had the opportunity to help Melanie and Dustin prep for the temple by having the temple prep class as a family. BEST. THING. EVER!!! And then, of course, the culminating event was when we were all in the temple together. It was one of those picturesque moments as we all embraced and cried in the Celestial Room. Just like coming home.

         We drove to Utah from our little Missouri town, and it went SOOO well. Adalyn slept almost the whole way both directions (we did go at night and I think that certainly helped). We had so much fun visiting with both families and made a lot of memories, and DID NOT TAKE VERY MANY PHOTOS. grrr... got to work on that one.

       I'm going to get a little sentimental here, but it was so special to be with my family this year as we get ready to send off 2 to foreign lands on missions, and then my other sister, Chelsea, and her little family will most likely be going over seas for the next 2 years, which might possibly mean I don't see them :(. But, I can still video chat and call and all that with them. (which I have a feeling will be happening frequently).

       We're doing well here in Kirksville. Just enjoying the ride. Adalyn is doing more and more each day and is my joy. Talon is gearing up for the final writing stages and thesis defense and looking forward to med school starting this summer. (Yikes) I have to remind myself it isn't going to be THAT hard to have him gone all the time... right? :D But really, we're enjoying our time now and having a lot of fun making memories. I'll try hard to write more soon!

Comments

Joanna and Eric said…
Hey! I came across your blog from a friend. I knew Talon at USU because he was roommates with my friends. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I really admire you. I can feel your spirit through your posts and I just know you are doing what Heavenly Father wants you to. You are both so great with your little girl and I think it's amazing!

My husband almost interviewed in kirksville but we ended up getting in somewhere else. But I noticed you are friends with my friend, Molly! And my brother in law has a sister whose husband goes there (Stephanie and Mark Pruitt) haha sorry I really like to make connections with people. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're awesome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day