Ouch, that looks like it hurt

So... some of these pictures are a little bit... gory... maybe? I'll give you a warning on which ones to skip if you are a bit tender in the tummy. :D

Adalyn did SOOO well. We are now almost 3 weeks out and she has the device on and working! It has been a miracle to see her react! She will startle to sounds, is making more noises and is starting to turn towards voices and sounds on her toys. 

We have felt so blessed an guided through every step with Adalyn, but getting the device was a sweet, sweet moment. We felt a tender confirmation that we did the right thing for Adalyn. Heavenly Father knows her and loves her even better and more than me. That is such a blessing and strength to me. 

So, without further ado- Pictures. 
I really thought her wrap was cute... kind of looks like hair. 

As she was waking up. She was wearing a cute little teeny hospital gown! And they have cribs that are spectacular.
We stayed the night with her and just took care of her while they monitored her after surgery

This was when she noticed her daddy in the room.




DON'T LOOK NOW IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART...






The wound. In the words of my sister- "That's pretty gnarly". Don't worry this was immediately after the wrap came off- it's healed up really nicely now. Almost can't see the scar even with her hair pulled up.



OK, safe to look again. 

Coming home from the hospital. She slept the whole way. Poor, tired girl.
The really fun part started now. Grandma Hicken came!!! She flew into Kirksville on the little 8 passenger plane and it was "FUN". Good thing she waited to eat lunch until she got here. :D

Adalyn sported this cute ponytail for a little while to keep her hair out of her owie. For those of you looking, it looks better already, doesn't it?

We did a lot of laying around after surgery. 

This day she sported some cute clips to keep her hair out. And this blanket.... she got it at the hospital. :D

She was starting to feel better by this time. 

Hanging with Grandma!

Feeling good and eating pudding- one of her new favorites since we ordered it at the hospital for her. 

ANNNND... the cochlear implant! So neat! Sometime I'll post about the actual technology- but today is all about our sweet miracle girl. 

Passed out while drinking her milk in the car.

Just thought this one was cute. I took it last night while we cuddled. Day 3 with the device on is going great!!!


So, our girl is doing great acclimating so far. It will take a lot of therapy and time before she will start trying some real words, but we're already excited with what we are seeing! (And hearing!)

Comments

Stephanie Hyde said…
I love your faith. You and Talon are such wonderful parents. I'm praying for your little trooper.
Totally awesome miracle! Let us know when you're in Utah next because we'd love to visit with you :)
Susan said…
So glad everything went well!! She is such a sweet, sweet, girl! Miss you guys!
Sarah and Alex said…
That is so sweet! I am so happy to see that things are going well and she is DOING so well. What a sweetheart! Miss you guys!
Andi said…
Goodness, she is beautiful! What a sweet little cutie. Glad things are good for you guys.
Janalee said…
SO glad everything went so well. She is such a sweet, and strong little girl. I just love reading about her and the progress she is making. :)
Chelsea said…
It was so fun to see more pictures and read about her progress. I cannot wait till I get to see her again!
What a miracle! I'm so glad that all went well. She is such a cutie pie! I love reading about her progress:)
Whitney Baldwin said…
I love this! What a miracle! And she is absolutely beautiful--such a little sweetie. So excited to hear all about her progress, she is amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day