Most days...

 I love the idea of dedicating a blog to how you're really feeling and what is really going on, even if it isn't always pretty.

I love being a mom. 
I know there are many, many out there who are not moms right now, who would like to be and who would be AMAZING mothers- much better than me. 
And so, I'm sooo grateful to be a mom. 

And I love being Talon's wife. Seriously. LUCKY ME. 
And I know how lucky I am. I really do. 

And I am really enjoying my time here in Missouri.
We're making a wonderful home for our family.
Making great friends and really establishing ourselves. 

But every day isn't always perfect. In fact, most days aren't. 

Most days I don't wake up early to read my scriptures and make breakfast before I'm waking Adalyn up and heading out the door to Exercise Group.
Most days my exercise hurts (but it hurts good).
Most days I don't shower until 10am... sometimes a lot later.
Most days I hold Adalyn a lot. 
Most days (who am I kidding...everyday) she cries.
Most days she screams when I make her stretch.
Most days I try to make her do tummy time while she cries and snot drips all over the place.
Most days she can tolerate a little time playing without me.
Most days she eats most of her food.
Most days I try not to be frustrated with specialists and therapists. Not that they do anything wrong... it's just hard sometimes and I feel like I can't ever do enough to stay on top of all the things I should be doing with Adalyn... all the time. 
Most days I get some type of chore done.
Most days I call Talon around 1-2pm and ask him (half joking) if he's ready to come home for the day.
Somedays he can tell I really mean it.
Every once in a while, he comes home. 
Some days facing the fact that my daughter isn't where she should be developmentally is really, really difficult.
Some days remembering that that is ok is hard. 
But MOST days, the Lord reminds me (I'm sure He reminds me every day, I just fail to hear).
Most days I feel HIS love and HIS peace.

Most days, I remember that no matter what limitations Adalyn may have, she is my sweet baby girl. And I LOVE HER.
Most days, Talon takes me in his arms and reminds me I don't have to do it alone. 
And I don't. Isn't that beautiful?

But, honestly, MOST days I have a great time and I ALWAYS feel so lucky and blessed.
So don't worry... Most days, I'm doing just fine. 

Comments

Dana said…
Every day they beautiful little girl is lucky you are her mom. Loved the honesty and eloquence of this post.
Susan said…
Beautiful! You are amazing, EVERY day!
Mindy Sagers said…
You guys are just such amazing parents and we look up to you both soooo much. Thanks for always being such awesome examples, even when times are tough.
Belinda Olsen said…
Such a great post with perfect perspective! Love ya!
DeeAura said…
I. LOVE. you, and don't you ever think for one second that having rough days makes you ungrateful for what you have. You are a wonderful mother, and you and Talon are among some of my favorite love stories. :) Add the fact you're one of the favorite roommates I ever had, and this list could go on and on...I'm just saying you hang in there. I think you are doing something really beautiful, and you've always been so strong. Did I mention I love you?

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day