We are blessed!

I was just reading blogs. Something, I hate to admit I do quite regularly. 
And I kept thinking-wow! We are so lucky. all. of. us!

We are lucky to have the opportunity to attend school and learn, wherever that might be. Public. Private. Home. 
We are lucky to be involved in extracurriculars. Theater. Dance. Soccer. Ski Club. FBLA. Yearbook. Student Government. MUSIC. 
We are lucky to have facebook, blogs, e-mail, news media that is so up to date you can't seem to stay on top of which GOP nominee is ahead and by how much in what state. 
We are lucky to have technology at the touch of our fingertips.
We are lucky to have phones! 
We are lucky to have a car or two or (if you're my father) three... just for yourself. :D 
We are lucky to have warm clothes and homes.
We are lucky to have books to read and music to listen to.
I am lucky to have propel zero to make my water so delicious! 
We are lucky to have laundry washing and drying machines.
We have cutting edge technology and healthcare.
We. are. so. lucky.

I am so grateful for the vast amount of choices we have to make everyday about how we will use our time. Yes, it is difficult and I waste WAY more time than I ought to, but I can choose. I don't have to work in a field for someone else. I don't have to scavenge and hunt for food. I don't have to do whatever job my government has dictated I am best suited for. I CAN CHOOSE. 

and although I find myself complaining at times, I feel grateful for where I am and who I am. 

I love Europe as much as the next guy. It. is. awesome. BUT- We have freedom. Sure it may mean you get a lot of crazies... but it means you have wonderful things all around you too. 

I am grateful for the opportunity to choose who I am now and who I want to become and to let the Spirit guide me. 

I am grateful for the CHOICE.

Comments

Mindy Sagers said…
I just love your blog. This post is awesome and so so true . You're amazing!
Alyse said…
Amen sister! We are so blessed! You're fantastic...
Molly said…
I'm glad you mentioned your blog. It is so cute! And I really love your main pic. VERY pretty.
Molly said…
ps thanks for the inspiring post! I always love reading those and I can already tell your stuff will be addicting.

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day