On the Tenth Day of Christmas...


It's HER first Christmas you know. And today she is 9 months old!!! 

I can't believe how the last 9 months have flown by, and how they haven't. There are some days I just wake up and suddenly it's time to go to sleep again. And there are others. Doctors to visit, specialists to see, therapists to have into our home. But... I am constantly reminded of how blessed we are. 

I remember back to the very beginning. When Adalyn was first born. I remember how scary it all was and how unsure we were on how everything would turn out. And now... she's doing so well. Yes, she's behind in pretty much every developmental milestone, but she's getting there and she's beautiful and so fun. 

Well, she's a whopping 14.8 lbs... 3% (she's stayed consistent :D) and 27 inches long!!! So, she's tall and skinny. We're working on beefing her up though (I bet you put vegetable oil in your kids food too). 

I am just so happy to be her mom. I feel blessed to have her little spirit with us. And, especially at Christmas time, I am reminded of how much Christ loves us. How much He sacrificed for us, and how much He knows Adalyn. How much He loves her-- because I know how much I LOVE HER-- and I know He loves her more perfectly, more fully, and in a way that I can't even comprehend. Christmas is getting more fun now that I've got her. (And Talon too). 

So.. in honor of her 9 months of life-- I figured we'd better remember how much she's grown and changed!

Birth (March):

1 month (April):

2 months (May):

3 months (June):

4 months (July):

5 months (August):

6 months (September):

7 months (October):

8 months (November):

Today (well, obviously, December):

Love her. And Christmas. And you and yours (what does that mean, really?). 

Feliz Natal!

Comments

Chelsea said…
I absolutely loved this post! Adalyn is such a blessing and I feel lucky that I get to be her Auntie! Andy's still got her by one inch! I have a feeling she is going to pass him up in no time!
Shirlene said…
It's really not good to make your mother weep before she gets on the treadmill. Love you ALL so, so much!
Susan said…
She is a beauty! I hope hope hope to get to see her (and you guys) sometime SOON!!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day