On the Second Day of Christmas:

"Picture a stable in Judea. 
Picture a sacred, silent night.
And can you hear
The angels near
And see the star so bright?
(Chorus)
Picture the kind and gentle Joseph.
Picture the mother, Mary, fair.
And can you see 
So rev'rently
The shepherds kneeling there?
Chorus:
Picture the little baby Jesus.
Think of His life and words so dear.
Sing praise to Him;
Remember Him,
As you picture Christmas this year."

And what better way to "Picture" That Christmas so long ago than to read, watch, and see depictions of the moment all around? I'm pretty sure that's what my mom was thinking when she at one time had close to 20 nativities at her house (right mom?). It was so fun for us as kids to go around counting them and seeing the super nice ones my parents have recently acquired. 

I was thinking about how much I love Nativities... and that my family used to have so many, so I started looking around our place. Well, I guess it's in my jeans. 6. Yep, I have 6 nativities!
Talon's parents gave us this beautiful Willow Tree Nativity when we were first married.

Another gift- simple.

Excuse the poor lighting and AWESOMENESS that is a phone picture. Another Willow Tree.

This little one is from an actual Olive Tree in Bethlehem.

Really poor quality- but they are little wooden nativity pieces. It's a great one to have closer to the ground where kids can play with it. Thank you Super Saturday!


Remember all those Nativities my mom had? She has 2 less, thanks to Chelsea & I.

What a wonderful reminder of the TRUE purpose of Christmas. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Santa as much as the next person... but really, THIS is what it is all about.

Don't forget to "Picture" this tonight.



And... in honor of Elder Anderson- Gledileg Jol!

Comments

Chelsea said…
I love all the nativity scenes that you have! That wood one on the floor sounds awesome! And I think we have 6 too!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day