On the Eleventh Day of Christmas...

Christmas Music.

Playing and singing Sleigh Ride in high school
Singing "Breath of Heaven" with the high school choir
The institute choir Christmas Show
Playing Sleigh Ride duet on the piano with one of my sisters
Singing Christmas songs with my dad or siblings
Playing Christmas music in quartet style
Listening to Christmas music 24/7

Our musical nativities, with dad singing the Inn Keeper and Joseph songs from the Forgotten Carols
Playing Dad's song he wrote for mom-- about the Christ child.
Watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concerts
Singing Carols around the piano
Playing the Christmas pipes with mom holding up the pieces of posterboard with our parts written on it

And remembering that on that night so long ago, Angels sang praises to His name on His birth. I wonder if I was able to be among them? I hope I was. Music brings the spirit... and Christmas music brings His spirit directly to our hearts. Let us be ready to listen. 

I remembering singing the original lyrics to Silent Night in church one year with my father accompanying me on the guitar as was the original performance with the German organ broken. So beautiful!

Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht,
Alles schlaft; einsam wacht
Nur das traute hochheilige Paar.
Holder Knabe im lockigen Haar,
Schlaf in himmelischer Ruh!
Schlaf in himmlischer Ruh!

Frohe Weihnachten!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day