I've been thinking
You know the time of ponderous thinking you do when you go out for a long run, in the morning, without any music? The type where you think about the sky, the birds, the trees, those you love, and things of eternity? I've been thinking one of those "thinks" lately.
We are so lucky to live in this day in age. I video chatted with both my family and Talon's family tonight.
My mom can hop on a plane (did you check out the killer deals on Southwest?) and come visit.
I can text my sister in Alaska EVERY DAY... and send her pictures.
But most importantly, the gospel truth has been restored. Now, I'm not sure who reads my blog and what beliefs/religions my readers adhere to, but I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and for me, it is not only a Sunday religion, something to believe in, and social gatherings to attend. It is the central part of my life. It is that religion that I center my day to day activities around, my pursuits and dreams, and most of all, my hope and faith. It is largely because of my faith that I know that, although there are always tough things to get through, there is a purpose and there is help. The Lord is always there to strengthen us.
Sometimes I worry that people think I'm depressed, in denial, or simply having a hard time with Adalyn's situation. I'm not. That might seem silly to write down like that, but really, it doesn't stress me out-- I feel such a privilege to be her mom. Sure, she has a lot of extra appointments and people who tell me what they think about her and her progress, but, there is that strength I told you about-- it's REAL. HE is REAL... and it keeps me uplifted and fills me with joy unimaginable... only I guess I can imagine it, since I feel it.
Adalyn recently had a followup MRI to the one she had at about 1 week old. We discussed it with the Neurologist that we went to see about the possible surgery. I have to tell you his demeanor was 100% different. He was encouraged, because although there has been injury to her brain, the MRI showed healing and growth. Rather than wondering if she would walk or talk, he instead stated, "lots of love and therapy". I smiled and said, "we can do that!" I know that really, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference if the MRI had been like her first MRI- really bad... but, I'm so grateful for the tender mercy the Lord sent to me- Healing is taking place- the power of the priesthood is real. The Lord is in control. And Adalyn continues to be a miracle to all those around her.
Love you Addie! Love, Mommy
Comments