Utah to Missouri!!

Talon here... ready to tell the tale of my journey to Missouri.

TO



After 21 hours of driving over two days, I finally made it to Kirksville, Missouri. This will be our home for the next four years (if all goes according to plan). Here is a little run down of the trip out east!

Here is the route...we crossed three different states on the way out due to the flooding of the Missouri River up in the North-west corner of the state that closed down I-29.


Karl Beckert (my brother-in-law) braved the cross country journey with me. We left at 5:30 am Thursday Morning and began the drive.

Wyoming
(It was a bit stormy and windy through Wyoming)

(Wyoming has this huge Lincoln Memorial off I-80...who knew)

Nebraska

(Crossing into Nebraska)
(Ah...the very open road)
(A huge monument in Nebraska to the Pilgrims of the Plains)
(We stopped in York, Nebraska and slept at a little Days Inn)

Kansas (Early Friday Morning, July 1st)


We only spent a short time in Kansas...it looked about the same as Nebraska...rolling hills.

Missouri...Finally

After many hours we crossed over the overflowing Missouri River and into Missouri.

(The mighty Missouri)
(Almost there....)
(Here we are entering into Kirksville)
It was a long road, a lot of miles, and a lot of land covered. We made it safe and sound to our destination. I'm now getting the house ready and preparing for my school to start on Wednesday. There will be more to come in the following weeks! A new adventure is about to begin!



Comments

Mindy said…
1. I never recall Talon having posted before.

2. So, yes. I did find it more than just weird that Nicole was traveling with and only with her brother-in-law.

3. I couldn't figure out what "school" Nicole was talking about that was starting.

4. I knew Nicole said she wasn't leaving until around the 10th ... I thought she had left early.

It was only AFTER all of these thoughts a new one came to my mind, "Hmm ... Does Talon ever post?"

And, yes. Yes, he does. :)
Anonymous said…
Yay Talon for making it there safely and good luck with starting school! Love you bro!
Chelsea said…
Yay! I'm glad you made it safely there and the river didn't eat you up! Can't wait to see you in August at the wedding!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day