Kirksville

First off, THANK YOU to those of you who offered sleeping advice! We're doing better and better and getting her to sleep in her bed and take up to an hour nap! :D I'm just hoping for good things to come!

So, Kirksville... population 17,304. It's small, but so great!

Other than the tornado warning, everything here has been splendidly welcoming! We had a fun BBQ with the students in the Bio-Med program and met some really great people and even a few families! Our ward is in a word... AWESOME. Did I mention we live in the Nauvoo, Illinois Stake? SO GREAT! 



Also, it is HOT here. The temperature gets up to 98 degrees, but with the humidity it feels more like 110-120!!! Needless to say when I've tried running later than 8am- I think I got a bit of heat stroke. Luckily the students at the School here get to use the Aquapark for FREE! So, Adalyn and I went the other day with some new friends. Sadly, she's too small for a swimsuit or a swim diaper- so, she dipped her feet in and otherwise I just held her and put my feet in. But it was nice to be cooled off a bit and spend time with other moms! 



 Our house is SO GREAT--- a SOOO BIG! I think we're going to have to have LOTS of visitors (hint, hint). [Remember: we live 2 hours from Nauvoo, 2 1/2 hours from Independence, and even closer to Carthage and Liberty Jails!] Sometime I'll put some pictures up :D. 

Comments

Megh said…
Yay Kirksville! It sounds so charming! I have been falling in love with the residency program in Kansas City, which would make visiting an absolute must! Fingers crossed!
Tara Beckert said…
I am so glad you guys are loving it! That picture of Talon holding Addie is adorable! I miss you guys so, Karl and I will for sure be coming to visit! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day