Seeking to Understand

Today in institute the teacher brought up an interesting point. 
How often in my conversations about things I really care about
Do I seek to change the person's mind that I'm talking with?
Instead... of trying to understand them and their perspective.

How many arguments wouldn't happen?
How many angry outbursts could be avoided?
How many more friendships could be molded?

If only... we sought to understand.

Resolution #1: Seek to understand... not to be understood.

Also, if you have some time read THIS article. It has given me great perspective for the new year. Maybe it will do the same for you. Happy Understanding!

Comments

Steph Romney said…
I really love this. It's something I really want to work on. Hope your little peanut is doing well!
Katie said…
Love this... and it's definitely something I need to work on, with a couple people especially. And that article was really great, thanks for sharing it. :)
Aubrey said…
That is such a good perspective! I'm inspired. Thanks Nicole!
Belinda said…
Thanks Nicole. I definitely need to work on this! Loads o' love!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day