Reality

I've been reading a lot of wonderful posts lately that have got me thinking...

What is my reality, what are the things that really matter to me?
How do I really feel inside?
How do I face the storms of life that inevitably come, and am I able to express those feelings...
Do I share parts of my soul with those who really matter?
Do I let them in and let them see the real me?

I have the blessing and opportunity of serving in the YW in my ward.
It is my very favorite thing to work with the youth and to teach them about their capacity to learn, grow, become, and to help them understand their place in HIS plan.
I've been thinking a lot about the messages that the media sends to women in general (and don't get me wrong, it is crazy how much pressure men are feeling these days too! but today is about women).

I do not have the perfect body, but I am healthy.
I do not have perfect hair, but I can wash it and make it look nice.
I do not have all the money I think we could use, but we have been so blessed to find opportunities that make things work.
I do not have all the brains and focus I desire, but I will graduate with my masters nonetheless.
I do not play the cello and piano as well as I would like, but I can share music with those around me.
I am critical and judgmental, especially of myself, but I know that I can change through the atonement.
I don't have the faith I always desire, but faith is by principle something we have to work at.

I can't do this life thing alone, but I don't have to... HE is there for me and HIS eternal glory and love are all encompassing. What a blessing it is for me to know that HE is in control, even when I may not be.

Don't misunderstand the purpose of this post. I am really doing well... but I have friends and people close to me who are suffering and I think there are times in each of our lives when we feel these things... so I thought I would share and hope you will feel comfortable commenting and sharing as well. Let's lift one another through our faith and hope.

Have you ever felt downtrodden by the world? Lost even and unsure of where to turn? Dark? What things bring you peace and happiness?

Comments

Bridget said…
You are awesome - I love this post and love the reminder that I think we all need!
DeeAura said…
Nicole, I love you. AND I love this post. I'm going to read it about ten more times and then do some serious pondering. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day