What a week!
Ok... let's briefly re-cap. This has been one great week!
It all started on Wednesday of last week:
Chelsea flew in from Alaska. We chatted. I went to class. We had a GREAT baby shower. Many of you came. It was fun. She loved it and seeing all of you.
Thursday... oh, Thursday! I couldn't sleep past 7am (I know, I know, .. lazy!) and so I went up to my mom's to do laundry.. she had been up since 4:45am... why? Because my brother Chase was coming home from his mission to Costa Rica! After spending far too much time chatting and hanging out with my sister... I went to class. taught piano. and then... we went to the airport.
I had spent a better portion of Monday night making some cute welcome home Chase posters... we left them on the kitchen table... and so had the privilege of making new posters at the airport! (thanks Allie!)
Then, as we were waiting for Chase to come, Elder Oaks walked right in front of Chelsea, Melanie, and I. We were star struck, only able to say, "hello" and smile as he walked by. Finally, the moment we had been waiting for... Chase! We laughed and cried and Chelsea did the peacock call! Only thing missing... my dad (and Brig who came in on Friday)... where was he? Choir rehearsal. It was a mandatory rehearsal for those who wanted to sing in Conference, so we had another fabulous reunion just outside of the conference center where father and son were reunited once again! It was great! For my mom's perspective, go HERE.
Friday... BYU v. USU... need I say more? We were extremely happy (pride is bad, if your male friends didn't share that with you)... for our Aggies!
Then... we were off to Park City for a wonderful weekend of Conference and family and friends! It was simply great! There was Alpine Slide and Coaster happiness, delicious homecooked meals, some time at the outlets (I'm a hit and miss shopper... and I hate to admit... my attitude that night about shopping was a miss)... And lots of catching up with Chase!
Sadness only ensued as of last night when Chelsea and Brigham had to go back Alaska... I mean, I'm sure they are happy... but I miss them already! But we did get in some good Mario and Brig wasted no time in getting in some hiking, biking, and climbing! Love you both!
It all started on Wednesday of last week:
Chelsea flew in from Alaska. We chatted. I went to class. We had a GREAT baby shower. Many of you came. It was fun. She loved it and seeing all of you.
Thursday... oh, Thursday! I couldn't sleep past 7am (I know, I know, .. lazy!) and so I went up to my mom's to do laundry.. she had been up since 4:45am... why? Because my brother Chase was coming home from his mission to Costa Rica! After spending far too much time chatting and hanging out with my sister... I went to class. taught piano. and then... we went to the airport.
I had spent a better portion of Monday night making some cute welcome home Chase posters... we left them on the kitchen table... and so had the privilege of making new posters at the airport! (thanks Allie!)
Then, as we were waiting for Chase to come, Elder Oaks walked right in front of Chelsea, Melanie, and I. We were star struck, only able to say, "hello" and smile as he walked by. Finally, the moment we had been waiting for... Chase! We laughed and cried and Chelsea did the peacock call! Only thing missing... my dad (and Brig who came in on Friday)... where was he? Choir rehearsal. It was a mandatory rehearsal for those who wanted to sing in Conference, so we had another fabulous reunion just outside of the conference center where father and son were reunited once again! It was great! For my mom's perspective, go HERE.
Friday... BYU v. USU... need I say more? We were extremely happy (pride is bad, if your male friends didn't share that with you)... for our Aggies!
Then... we were off to Park City for a wonderful weekend of Conference and family and friends! It was simply great! There was Alpine Slide and Coaster happiness, delicious homecooked meals, some time at the outlets (I'm a hit and miss shopper... and I hate to admit... my attitude that night about shopping was a miss)... And lots of catching up with Chase!
Sadness only ensued as of last night when Chelsea and Brigham had to go back Alaska... I mean, I'm sure they are happy... but I miss them already! But we did get in some good Mario and Brig wasted no time in getting in some hiking, biking, and climbing! Love you both!







Comments