Audio Books


So, I LOVE TO READ... especially literature... classics, fiction of a sci-fi type, heart wrenching stories, both LDS and non... Well, ok, so I just enjoy reading. I have a REALLY long list of books to read this summer... and I'm doing the BULK of my research for my thesis this summer too... SO... I've gone audio style to get in as much of the lighter stuff as I can.

I've been listening to books while running, while working and weeding, and while getting ready in the morning. It is SOOO enjoyable, especially if you can find a good recording. One of my most recent FAVORITES (Thanks to my mom and Tal's mom for the suggestion) was The Help. IT WAS FANTASTIC... plus, thanks to the amazing talent of the 4 actresses who read the book I am now feeling like my Southern accent is the greatest :)!

So, Y'all get out thar and listen to some good books, ya hear? :) Ah, I love technology.

Comments

Megh said…
Wasn't it a wonderful book?? I only listened to a little bit of the recording, the rest I read old-school style. Sounds like a fun summer! Good luck!
Janalee said…
oooh. Thank you. we are getting ready for a trip and though I know i will be on kid entertainment duty for the most part when she is sleeping, now I know what book to check out to read! (or listen to)
Cali said…
Ooooh, I love a good book! Keep posting others you'd recommend. I'll have to look this one up.
Belinda said…
I haven't read it yet but it's next on my list after the recommendation from my mom too :-) MIss you!
Missy said…
I love book ideas!!!! Thanks!

PS If you want a good one read, "Love is Eternal" by Irving Stone its the love story of Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd and I LOVED it!!!
Whitney Baldwin said…
So glad you posted this. I have been wondering if this was a good book-- thanks to your recommendation it is going back on my "to read" list (that is a mile long). Any other must reads?
Chelle said…
Yay, I commuted to work for part of the year and got addicted to audio books. Thanks for the recommendation!
Bridget said…
I actually just read this last month and it was absolutely fantastic! You guys are so great to be able to have gone with the youth - I'd love to go on a trek someday. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day