F.U.N.N.Y
Funny.
Sometimes I just want to laugh
or cry
or do both
or...
I like smiling
and being content.
sometimes I cry over sad things
sometimes I cry over happy things
sometimes I cry because of spiritual things
but... I cry
and I laugh
and sometimes... I do both.
This weekend in the midst of stress
and life changes
new callings
saying "hello"
and "goodbye"
and trying to (again) learn how to have more faith
and realizing I have 4 + huge papers
that aren't quite finished... or started...
I laughed...
and cried...
I did both.
and... it was funny
and sad
and therapeutic
and ridiculous
but still... it was me--
crying and laughing
at the same time.
I hope that as I take on the world...
one step at a time...
walking into the darkness...
walking by faith
that as I cry...
I can laugh too.
Because, although sometimes I hurt
genuinely, deep down hurt...
there is always something
to make me smile...
and laugh.
So don't be afraid to laugh...
and cry...
at the same time.
or to even cry so hard
you can't help but laugh
once the tears are all gone
and you have nothing left to do
but keep walking-
by faith.

Comments