Be a Sunflower

On said run (which you can read about below)... My sister and I came up with SOOO many parables for the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we turned to make our return run home, we began to be a little more lighthearted and I stated that, "It's always easier on the way home... it keeps you focused on where you are going." My sister then tied it to the gospel and how if we keep our focus on "HOME" we can keep going through any trials... keeping an Eternal Perspective.

Then, I remembered a story I had heard about why Sunflowers had been a man's favorite flower. He loved them not simply because they looked like the sun, but because throughout the day, as the sun traveled across the sky, the sunflower keeps its head focused on the sun and follows it throughout the day. As it was General Conference weekend, I couldn't help but think, "If we stay focused on the SON, we can make it"... we are to be like Sunflowers, to focus on HIM, the SON of God. As we do, HIS light will shine in our lives. What a great example from a simple thing. General Conference was a wonderful opportunity to remember HIM and HIS sacrifice for us. I feel rejuvenated and prepared to go forward with faith in Him. So, let's all be like a sunflower!

Comments

Jamie said…
I love your posts. These are some really great parables. They will be easy to remember because they are common occurrences that will come to mind every time I drive home.
Erin said…
Wow, sorry it took me an eternity to make it here. Such a cute blog! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You make a great couple!
Janalee said…
I like that.thanks for sharing! ANd your younger sister, looks a lot like you. I know you probably get that, a lot. But yes, I thought that picture below was you

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day