Musings & Must knows... as of late
2 weeks... that's how long it has been since I last blogs... and that's how long it's taken me to be ok with the fact that I am not going to see the sunshine until May, not because it won't be shining, but because I'll be too busy... writing. But, in good news, I HAVE A THESIS TOPIC and am well on my way to having a committee! This is a big deal. So be happy for me. Ok... now onto the rest of life in the last 2 weeks.
First, we started Spring Break off by celebrating our 2nd anniversary (which you all got to read my sappy post about). Well, we coerced Chelsea & Brigham to join us for sealings to commemorate our own sealing. It took everything I had (yet again) not to cry. But it was so nice to be there with Talon that day. Then, my parents took the 4 of us out to dinner... YUMMY! My parents have a tradition of taking us out for our birthday, mine was in November and Brig's was in August... no problem! Dinner on the folks! :)
Next, we traveled to the land of Midway, Utah. Now, I don't know why none of you told us before, but that place is a little Switzerland right here, just 2 hours away. Now come on people, you know how much Switzerland means to me, why hide it. Michelle Dodge (yes, you), I'm blaming my lack of knowledge on YOU. (I hope you read this).
Anyway, it was GREAT! We had a gift card and so continued with our tradition of Red Lobster for our anniversary (we're thinking we may have to have a hiatus of that one until like our 5th or 10th anniversary, it gets too $$$). Then, we cruised around the mall just to 'look' at stuff. We ended up going into build-a-bear. Some things you should know- 1) I LOVE teddy bears & 2) I had never been inside Build-a-bear and so thought they were SUPER expensive... I guess it could get pretty expensive, but anyway... call us cheesy, but we 'built-a-bear' for our anniversary and named him BUDDY (mostly just so I can sing "My buddy and me" every time I say his name). And yes, he is our anniversary bear. And he's cute, so don't even think about making fun of me for it!
Well, now we're back in the thick of it at school... and we really are! So, we'll keep pushing on and moving forward! Don't be mad if I can't keep you updated for a little while, like I said... writing.
Comments
Congrats on the thesis! That is so amazing I can't even imagine!