At a loss for words

NOTICE: sappy, cheesy, and possibly a bit over the top post coming on

Yesterday Talon and I had the opportunity to attend a wedding dinner for two of our great friends, Rick & Amanda. Let's get one thing straight, I cry at weddings (it's true, I cry at almost anything, but especially weddings). I was extremely nostalgic because they are getting married TODAY... which is the anniversary of MY WEDDING. Yes, that means that Two Years ago TODAY Talon and I were married.

I can't quite put into words how thinking about that day and every day since makes me feel. It truly was the BEST decision I ever made to marry Talon in the Logan Temple on March 12, 2008. It was truly the Right Person, the Right place, and the Right time for us. I could probably go on and on about how much I love him and how wonderful he is and how much more complete and whole my life is with him (which is all TRUE) but instead, I'll just give you an idea via things I'm grateful for because I met and married Talon:

- An amazing husband who loves me more than I could ever imagine was possible and who shows it in so many wonderful ways
- An unimagined ability to love unconditionally- to try to be selfless and to give of myself fully
- A partner through trials, joys, opportunities, successes, someone that is there through it all
- In-laws who really feel more like a 2nd family- seriously, if you haven't met them, you should... they're amazing!
- skills that I wouldn't have garnered any other way
- a Mr. Fix-it
- The cheesy stuff that used to make me gag
- the opportunity to make and keep sacred covenants
- the opportunity to be reminded of the precious gift of life
- The knowledge that I'll always be #2- the Lord is #1
- A scripture study buddy
- Someone who will sing the FHE song with me, even though it's just the two of us
- Someone who understands and knows me so well, and loves me anyway, loves me despite my weaknesses and sees my potential.
- someone who will have a giggle fest with me (and no, that doesn't make him AT ALL less manly)

Overall, I'm just grateful that 2 years ago I made the decision to marry this man:


In this place:


At this time:


FOREVER...


(now I have to go blow my nose because I'm crying again).

Comments

Susan said…
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Love you guys!
So cute. Sappiness is the best. <3
Dana said…
I still have warm, fuzzy memories of that day as well. Loved that my entire family got to share that special day with your entire family.

Love you guys--Aunt Dana
Avree said…
Happy anniversary! It was fun to see you guys the other night!
DeeAura said…
Meheheh...Oh, I love you two. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day