Project 52... a Valentine's inspiration

Thanks to my friend Whitney Baldwin, I came across this blog: Simply Modern Mom. She's just a mom, doing her thing and trying to keep the romance alive in her marriage. Well, I came across an idea thanks to Project 52 that just screamed Valentine's Day/Anniversary gift. (yes, I realize these dates are a full month apart, but hey... it was a BIG DEAL). So, I got some manilla envelopes, decorated, and filled them with....




Dates for a year! You can find the original idea on this post: Simply Said-- So I can't take full credit for the creativity... totally plagiarized the idea. But, made some individualistic changes.
Each envelope has 4 main parts:
1) a calendar with scheduled dates (they are subject to change as you never know what will come up)

2) an extra list of date ideas that go well with that season or month

3) Gift cards or coupons for certain activities or food items and

4) other helpful things, such as movie rental cards, library cards, etc.

Some of our upcoming dates are:

An Alphabet Dinner- You bring foods and games starting with different letters of the alphabet!
Library date with Indian food after
Backwards date- wear clothes backwards, walk backwards, where possible, drive backwards, eat a Ihop (breakfast for dinner is backwards), and then... order dessert first!
72 Hour kit date- update your 72 hour kits!

And tons more... so, anyone want to join us in our dates o'fun?!?

Comments

Susan said…
Ok this idea is so cute! I saw this on a blog a while ago and tucked it away in my 'to-do someday' file! We will be happy to accompany you guys on a date or two! Just be sure that hand and foot is included in whichever one we are there for... (:
Mindy said…
Uhm, I cannot remember which date I am attending with you in November. Can you refresh my memory? :)
I am so excited that you found that site! We are so bad at thinking of fun/creative dates. We usually just end up staying home to watch a movie because we can't think of anything better to do. Yeah, we're lame. This will help, though! :)
Whitney Baldwin said…
Yay! I am glad I introduced you to SMM and Project 52. Nice job taking it to the next level-- I am totally impressed with the creativity. Way to be and I hope you two have as much fun with it as we are having--or more!
Melissa said…
I love that idea! I might have to try it out!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day