Lately

Soooo sorry it has taken me so long to post!!! It's been a bit crazy.First off, we decorated our apartment and bought a REAL tree!

Then, immediately after finals, my little sister and I traveled to my birthplace to visit family... that's right... Good ole Texas! While there we were able to do some fun things! We played games with our cousins, watched movies, went to Saturday morning brunch at Tin Star (one of our favorites!), and went shoe shopping! However, there were most definitely a few highlights to the weekend. One was that we got to spend time with these wonderful people:


Then we were able to have lunch with our Grandparents who we don't get to see very often. I forced Grandma to pose for the picture against her will... anyone who leaves a comment about how great she looks gets a double portion of my love this season!



After lunch, Melanie and I were privileged to attend a fireside that my Aunt Dana put together featuring Hilary Weeks. It was a tender mercy in my life, as I am sure, many of the young women in my Aunt's stake. Hilary is not only a beautiful song writer and vocalist, she has the ability to share her testimony so vividly while she sings. She taught the girls about the importance of having a testimony of Jesus Christ BEFORE they leave the young women program. It was wonderful... as she sang I am a Child of God, she asked the girls to join her on the chorus. I couldn't. It was wonderful as she helped them understand, through the spirit, their eternal potential and role.


After the fireside we were able to attend a Christmas party at my Aunt & Uncle's home with their awesome friends and the Weeks. It was so fun to interact with Hilary and her husband Tim. It was also fun to meet their talented and wonderful friends that I had heard so much about!

After arriving home, I had a voice recital, a piano recital for my students (Dustin is no longer one of my students, Chelsea teaches him, but putting other people's kids pictures on my blog is slightly problematic, so enjoy Dustin!,

Tal & I went down to Bountiful to hang with the fam. and got there just in time to see Garen's head NAKED!!!, we attended Savior of the World, Melanie and I drove up to Rexburg to pick up a family friend, and then Tal and I went to a family party on Saturday.



I love this time of year! It is so wonderful to reflect upon the blessing of our Savior, Jesus Christ, His birth and His life. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of His love and atonement for ME. (and you, of course).

Love you all! Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Shirlene said…
After my blog post I most assuredly need an extra portion of your love this year! And I must say, grandma AND grandpa look fabulous! Did you convince them to come for a visit while you were there?
Dana said…
We LOVED having you here and appreciate how sweet and kind you were to our little girls! We love your family tons and tons!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day