Running in the Dark
My little sister and I have been running lately to ward off big hips and emotional dips. We've put together a perfect schedule and... most of the time... we keep it. Well, the other morning I rolled out of bed at quarter to six (yes, in the a.m.), and drove up to my parent's so we could run. After a brief stop inside, we took off down the street. We were probably about a 1/4 of a mile when my sister turns to me and says, "Do you hear a dog?" Thinking she is most certainly hearing things, I quieted her fears of a giant rottweiler coming after us by telling her it was just the zipper on my jacket. Then, I heard it too. A dog tag jingling in the distance and the sound of soft padded feet coming after us. I turned just in time to see a little white fur ball come bounding around the corner. It was NOT a giant scary dog, but instead our families miniature poodle. Yes, he's small, yes he was running at full speed, and yes, he wanted to come find us. 
Apparently, my dad let him out to go 'potty' and that puppy, he knew we were out there, he has a sixth sense about these things you see. So he came and found us. Sadly, he is so small that he has a collapsed trachea and I ended up having to carry him home because he was having a hard time. He just knew where to find us. That cute little guy.
By the time we got him home, we didn't have enough time for the run we had intended, so we did some lunges and squats (which I am still feeling). The puppy, on the other hand, enjoyed a nice treat on the comfort of his favorite couch. Yep, he's spoiled, but we love him, and he CLEARLY loves us too! :)

Comments