Survey Says


Any old time family feud fans out there? Remember how the contestants had to guess what people who were surveyed had responded to everyday type of items or situations? Well, I thought I'd try something similar, only... today I'm not interested in household items, I'm interested in politics.

So, those of you who read my blog (which may end up being just my mom and sister), let me know what you think about the following issues on 3 levels: What you know about them, your stance on them, and WHY

Ok...

- Health Care; in any facet. Obama's plan, Bob Bennett's plan, your plan? What do YOU think healthcare should look like and WHY?
- Budget defecits... esp. Nationally
- Public Education... enough said
- Proposition 8 in California
- War on Terror
- anything else you feel particularly passionate about

I guess if we were speaking the tag lingo, then I tag ALL of you, but I'd love comments as well! I really am interested in knowing what all of you think. Don't worry... I'll post a follow-up on what the "survey says"... and I'll let you know where I stand on some of these issues as well...

Let the comments commence!

Comments

Unknown said…
I read your blog! Ok, for my thoughts...
Heath Care-We need to look at Europe and do something that they do. This is a great article about Health care in Europe and what the myths are and the truths. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/21/AR2009082101778.html?referrer=facebook

Budget-If we just collected our debts from WWI and WWII, we'd be a little bit better. Raising taxes isn't going to help anything.

War on Terror-Going to Iraq was a big mistake. No one from there attacked us, and wasn't going to. We need to pull out now. As for Afghanistan there still isn't enough being done. But we're headed in the right direction there. I have more thoughts about this, but don't want to write a book, so e-mail me if you'd like to hear them.

Prop 8- still don't know how I feel about that. Having had a gay brother (he is now dead, has been for almost 16 years) could I look at him and tell him he couldn't marry the love is his life? When you put it that way, it's a little bit more than just black and white, more than yes or no.

Public education-there needs to be a change. we need to pay our teachers more. we need to build more schools. we need to look at a European system of education. Europe and Asia are educating their kids better than we are. we need to do more of those who want an education.

So there you go. There are my thoughts. If you want to chat more about anything, just e-mail me! sarajolee@gmail.com
Janalee said…
okay...I read your blog faithfully actually. I honestly don't like to get into politics that much...when I do and when I express my opinion I seriously get smacked in the face by everyone.. because they all want to argue my point. I will say this much...I do not approve of Obama. His ideas of how to run this country are coookoooo... he believes in abortion people...that right there alone puts a little bit of question on how he lives his life and I wonder How does he sleep at night?!!
Megh said…
I love that you asked me to verbalize how I feel about these issues. I have feelings, but don't yet have words for them. I'm going to think long and hard. Another comment coming...

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day