The speech

Hey all! So, thanks for the comments! I promise I'm not trying to push you all into political activism... I'm just interested to know what everyone else thinks!

I was able to read a copy of the speech before hand and it was good. Just what the White House said it would be, trying to get kids to set educational goals and realize that they aren't the only ones who have a hard time and have to work hard to succeed.
Click HERE to read the speech.

Also, I watched the speech live and Obama stuck to his written remarks quite well. It seemed that he only added a few lines and they were about not being afraid to ask questions and ask for help. I'll post the video as soon as it is up. It will also be up on the White House website soon!

Comments

Susan said…
I caught the last half of the speech, and I thought it was pretty good. Nothing wrong with encouraging the youth in this country to set goals and work hard to achieve them, that is for sure! The speech didn't push any of his political agenda or anything; on the contrary , its message consisted of some very basic conservative values.

On a MUCH more important note: I just sent you an email! (:
Shaela said…
I got to watch the speech live in Matt's classroom because I happened to be volunteering at the time he spoke. I really enjoyed it and was very surprised to find that there were many students who didn't get to watch it because their parents didn't want them to. Really??? Seriously??? I think that just makes them look dumb... Even if you didn't vote for him, he is still the President of the country and there is nothing wrong with him talking to students about the importance of education... But that is just my opinion...

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day