Decisions


After much "studying it out" and much prayer and fasting and attending the temple, I have made my decision about what and where I am going to do my graduate studies this next year.

Throughout the entire process, the Lord guided me. I felt impressed to look into Graduate Studies, to talk to specific individuals, and then to look into certain programs I wouldn't normally have looked into. I like to think that I was given a specific home teacher who would be able to help me with questions I had about these different programs.

As I prayed this morning, I simply said, "this is the decision I have made, I have felt very good about it throughout the process, please allow a feeling of peace and confirmation to rest upon my soul."

I bear testimony that the Lord not only hears and answers our prayers, but that He knows each of us so individually. He loves us. He wants us to be happy and to have the opportunities before us that will strengthen us and allow us to serve more fully. I know this for many reasons, but this morning my testimony was strengthened and reaffirmed as I had that confirmation and overwhelming feeling of peace that brought tears to my eyes. He knows us, He loves us, and He wants so much to be there for us. I know that is true. And for these reasons, I have decided to study Political Science at Utah State University. I am so excited for the opportunities ahead of me!

Comments

Megh said…
I'm so excited for you! What a huge decision, isn't it a good thing we have the power of prayer and the gift of the Holy Ghost in times like these? You won't need the luck I'm going to wish you, but good luck all the same! I am excited to hear stories about every step of the process!
Shaela said…
How exciting... and of course you will do great!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day