Moments


One of my very favorite musicals is "Into the Woods". One of the songs talks about moments by saying...

Any moment, big or small,
Is a moment, after all.
Seize the moment, skies may fall
Any moment.
Days are made of moments,
All are worth exploring.
Many kinds of moments-
None is worth ignoring.
All we have are moments,
Memories for storing.
One would be so boring...

I feel like my life follows this almost exactly. There are so many moments. They are beautiful. Each moment is like a piece of a beautiful quilt. One on it's own is nice, but it isn't until all of the moments are put together that we really see what has become of our lives. These last few weeks have had a lot of these such moments. Some were beautiful, some were fun, some were hard, some required me to exercise faith, but ALL of them added something extra and beautiful to my own personal quilt. I think it helps me to remember that TODAY is what we have!

President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "I don't worry too much about the future, and I don't worry very much about the past. The past is gone, and you can't change, you can't correct it. The future, you can anticipate, but you can't necessarily do very much about it. It is the present you have to deal with. Reach out for every good opportunity to do what you ought to do."

Also, my most recent favorite movie also echos this piece of counsel. The character Master Ugwe (Kung Fu Panda) says to Panda, "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why they call it the present."

We must take these moments, live in the present and be grateful for the moments we have. Cherish those you love, don't put off tomorrow what you could do today... and as a famous country singer said, "Live like you were dying."

Comments

DeeAura said…
Kung Fu Panda wisdom is my favorite. :) And by that, I mean, words of the prophets. Oh, and Broadway shows...dang it. :)
Megh said…
Thanks for that insight! I was needing that, as I struggled to schedule out my week! I felt frazzled, and now... I don't. Thanks! We miss you guys!
Amanda said…
What great advice! I am definitely guilty of taking little things for granted, and then they become the past. Thanks for the perspective :)
Shaela said…
I love that quote too. The Kung Fu Panda one... Thank you for sharing.
Oh, and thank you, both of you, for coming to Katie's party. I know you are both very busy but she felt so special with everyone there for her.

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day