The Pizza Fiasco

Beware, the following is ranting, not cute, not pretty, not fun... but hopefully slightly entertaining nonetheless! So, I am the Key Club Advisor at Logan High, and we ran our annual "UNICEF" fund raiser for children in Swaziland that have HIV and AIDS. The winning class would receive... BIG JUICY PIZZA PARTY!!! So, the money was counted, the winners were notified, and the pizza was ordered, from Pizza Hut. Why Pizza Hut, well, they deliver and could have the pizza here by 11. I gave them my number and said I'd meet them in front of the school... then, the chaos began.
My colleague Curtis Jenson and I always go to our boxes during 2nd hour because we both have prep. Well, I went in to see if he was ready to go, and he said he was getting sub and having to leave because his wife (who was only 6 1/2 months pregnant) was going into labor with their twins. I asked if I could do anything, and he just said he'd let me know.
Fast forward about an hour and a half. I'm sitting at my desk during my 4th hour prep, patiently awaiting the pizza person time (11am), when Anne, our writing lab specialist came in and said, "Curtis' sub never showed up". I quickly went in and took over the class and was there the rest of the hour... what does that mean? I DIDN'T GET THE PIZZA!!! But, did the delivery person try to come into the office and have me paged? Of course not, that would have been too logical. In fact, I didn't even remember about the pizza until my 5th hour and the teacher who was suppose to have had the pizza called to say, "We didn't get our pizza!"... Oh dear.
So, now I thought I'd have to buy 4 cold large (and largely overpriced) pizzas. I called and told Pizza Hut I'd come by after school to address the problem.
Meanwhile, Curtis' wife had to be life flighted to McKay Dee and delivered their twins. YIKES!!!
After school I stopped by the Pizza Hut, even spoke with the delivery person that brought the pizzas to the school, let her know that it probably would have been a great idea to come in to the office, and she says, "Well, I didn't even know if the name Nicole Anderson was correct"... oh brother! Luckily they had canceled the order, and I did not have to buy 4 cold pizzas!
In other news, Curtis' wife and twins are doing really well! The twins will probably be in the hospital for a while, but they are doing much better than expected! JUST BEWARE PIZZA HUT... next time I'm going to Little Caesar's!
Comments
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!