Tagged...



Sorry Dee... I was just reading Cali's blog and realized that I'd better check yours... and alas, YOU'VE Tagged me... silly girl :).

Ok... So here it goes!

10 Years ago...
I had just moved to Logan, Utah from Albuquerque, New Mexico (HUGE DIFFERENCE!). I was in 7th grade at Mount Logan Middle School, and mostly detested anything to do with Utah. I had luckily made some friends despite my disgust, and found myself enjoying Orchestra and chamber music. I also was playing soccer again, my true sport love. I was 13 and my mom would tell you I definitely played the part. In fact... I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't relive that year for almost anything... it was really a hard year for me. I even wrote bad poetry in my journal.

5 Places I've Visited
1. Definitely my TOP--> Geneva, Switzerland: Ever since 9th grade Geography I've been OBSESSED with Switzerland and Summer 2006 I had the unique opportunity to go live with a Duth woman named Maud as I part-time nannied for her two 9 year old twins, and attempted at learning French at the University of Geneva. It was an amazing experience! I learned SOOO much and was able to teach the gospel a TON! In fact... it was in Geneva that I briefly met the man I am now married to! What a blessing Switzerland will ALWAYS BE!!!

2. Spain: Spring Break 2006 I went to Granada and Valencia Spain with my parents and sister Chelsea. We stayed with some great family friends (and fluent Spanish speakers), the Chastons. We had an amazing time and ate AMAZING food!... and Chelsea... Don't forget, "Proffe! Necessito Auida!"

3. New York City: Christmas 2005 my mom and 2 sisters and I had the INCREDIBLE opportunity of flying to New York and staying in the Marriott and seeing the amazingly beautiful muscial "WICKED". It was super wicked! I loved it! My sisters are a lot of fun too!

4. Nauvoo: I had the unique opportunity of going to Nauvoo with a youth group right before my senior year of high school... it was super fun and my testimony grew quite strong while I was there, especially of the Prophet Joseph Smith, but I think the clencher was last spring break (2007) my entire family went and all 5 kids were able to do baptisms in the Nauvoo temple! What a blessing for my family!!!

5. Paris, France: While living in Switzerland, I had the opportunity to catch a train to Paris with my friend Carli. We stayed at a dive youth hostel and had an amazing time seeing the sights and just taking it all in! I suggest if you go, spend a whole week in just Paris... it'll be worth it!

5 Things on my To-Do List:
Well Dee, I think I'll go for the Long-term
1. Ski the alps... life long dream and goal
2. Visit every state in the U.S.
3. Go back to Switzerland and France for at least a summer if not longer
4. Have chilluns
5. Work off my post wedding chub

I enjoy
Spending time with my amazing husband. We can do pretty much anything together and it is just fun! My family... if you haven't met them, I suggest you do at your soonest convenience... they are a blast and a half! The temple, I've come to appreciate its calm serenity and peace. Skiing!!!! Music! Great friends who inspire. Teaching. Reading. Running and sweating (it makes me feel so good!). Outdoor activities of any sort. Making memories that last. The Swiss alps and smell of the European outdoors! Sharing the Gospel. Seeing others succeed and find joy!

3 Bad Habits
1. Criticizing myself. I too often look at myself in the mirror and am unsatisfied, or after a performance think, gee whiz, that was a blow. I am constantly beating myself up for my imperfections and inadequacies... It's times like those that Talon simply says, "Nicole..." I need to treat myself better!

2. Procrastinating... the skill I learned in High School, carried through College, and now battle in my career. If only I could actually stick to my plan and not blow things off for things that don't matter, like... sleep. :)

3. Eating Dairy. As of my 18th year of life, I have been quite Lactose Intolerant... which means that at the chance of eating dairy, my stomach suddenly remembers it doesn't want to digest it anymore. Much to my husband's sadness... I have been eating dairy a lot lately. What a way to introduce him to married life... :)

5 Things you May Not Know About Me

1. Much like Dee, I'm a MAJOR perfectionist... I have to have things done right and correct and I beat myself up forever when I don't make it... which is quite often. I'm grateful for a Father in Heaven who is more forgiving of my imperfections than I ever could be of my own.

2. I hate writing. Well, ok, not hate, I actually find some satisfaction in it now, but in High School, and even in the beginning of my college career, I hated it. It was my least favorite thing to do. Why is this a problem? I teach High School English now... :)

3. I day dream of being a mountain woman and living in the hills with NO Shaving, make-up, hairdos, or deoderant. Sounds fun sometimes... but, I'm also a bit girly too... I LOVE To dress up and wear make-up... I love the way it makes me feel, and the way it makes others look at me.

4. I've lived in 5 states. In fact, living in Logan has been the LONGEST I've ever lived anywhere. I'm getting restless thinking that this August I will have lived here for 11 years! CRAZY!!!

5. I use to (and of course sometimes still do) make up songs on the spot and sing them in my backyard when no one was around. They'd be about EVERYTHING! My desires, crushes, if I got in trouble. I'd make up fake scenarios and names... so, my life really IS a musical! LOVE IT!!!

So... there you have it! I now tag... Shirlene (Momma), Megh Schow, and Shaela.

Comments

Mindy said…
So happy you updated your blog! I told myself, "Self, check Nee-cole's blog one more time and if it is not updated you may whip her four harsh whippings with a wet noodle ... or just write on her Facebook wall, demanding she update it." I probably would've stuck with the latter, although the first would've been more entertaining. :)
Susan said…
Hi Friend..hope you are enjoying married life! Just wanted to let you know that I still read your blog! (:
Shaela said…
That was fun to read... I love learning things about people that you would never learn in everyday conversation... I consider myself tagged and will respond soon :)
Heather said…
I didn't know a lot of that about you. Thanks for sharing and good luck in Mexico! We love ya'. Oh, and Scott enjoyed spending time with you and your family and meeting Talon. Hopefully I'll get my chance to meet him soon!

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day