Hooray for Christmas!!!


So, this day finds me sitting at my desk in my classroom having done nothing but watch movies and eat treats with my 10th and 11th graders today. "Party day" was great! I have snowflakes hanging from my lights and tons of leftover cookies that I ended up giving to the debate students. Teaching is great, during 4th hour today, two of my 11th grade students who I will leave anonymous for this moment (you never know who's parents may be reading), sang a karaoke version of "Unbreak my heart" for the rest of us. It was moving... we all laughed so hard we thought we might break our abs. I think I'm starting to really like this teaching thing. Two other students in the same hour put together a rap as an opening statement in a mock trial we did as they defended the Pure Evil Roger Chillingworth from The Scarlet Letter. The rap worked, as did their duo defense, and Roger Chillingworth, although the most evil character in the book, won the trial. Their creativity never ceases to amaze or entertain me. Can I feel good about giving As to students purely because they are entertaining? I guess it's a good thing they are all really good students too! :)

Oh, and by the way, because math was INDEED my favorite subject in high school... I suppose I should redeem myself by saying there are 4, yes, that's right FOUR days until the blessed holiday that is Christmas!!! (Bring it on Santa).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's here!

Delivery Day